Problem Deploying Jetspeed 2 on Weblogic
Here’s a quick fix for deploying Jetspeed 2 on Weblogic. First I had to fix a java.net.MalformedURLException. Here’s the post on the BEA dev2dev Forums. I just needed to add this to the JAVA_OPTIONS of my startWebLogic script:
where nnnn is the port configured for this particular WL server.
Next I made a jetspeed.ear folder under applications and exploded jetspeed.war into this. I also added a small application.xml file under jetspeed.ear/META-INF to setup the war module.
Then I copied in these 5 jar files from jetspeed into the root of my ear:
Then I added this line to the MANIFEST.MF file under jetspeed.ear/jetspeed.war/META-INF:
Class-Path: jetspeed-api-2.0-a1-dev.jar jetspeed-commons-2.0-a1-dev.jar portals-bridges-common-0.1.jar portlet-api-1.0.jar pluto-1.0.1-rc1.jar
Now I’m stuck on a “cannot find OJB.properties”. Hope to find it soon!
Edited: Mar 3, 2005 to add the following:
Hey, I’ve been linked from the Jetspeed Wiki, cool!
Please see my follow-up posts to this issue:
Jetspeed 2 on Weblogic - part 2
Jetspeed 2 on Weblogic - Finally
Jetspeed 2 on Weblogic - update again
Jetspeed Fusion, Struts, and Weblogic
Also, it appears the commenting system on blogspot has been having some issues, so I cleaned out a few duplicate comments…